Saturday, January 3, 2015

LBMM Challenge Day 3

Saturday January 3, 2015

So, no money was spent today. Today was a freebie day and get used to that since that is how some days will go. I am a young adult who still gets treated by my parents and do not have to pay for the actual "bills" yet. I am bittersweet about the days when I finally get those obligations.

To start off the morning, I cooked my breakfast, read a little bit, re-looked over my financial planner and took our family dog Lucky on a walk.
I needed to go pick up a book that was on hold for me at the local library so my parents and the boys (family dogs) went along for the ride since I am not able to drive. They also treated me to In n Out for lunch (Thank You!).
Went to church later that afternoon and stayed in for a home cooked dinner and a Lifetime movie called Destroyed (Blah!- Swimfan like movie where student falls in love with teacher).

I do remember last year on this exact date I opened my very first CD (Certificate of Deposit). It was one of my goals to accomplish last year and I had $10K finally saved that I could do anything with. After much researching and reviewing I chose Ally Bank that had a CD rate of 95% (highest at the time). Ally is an "on-line" only bank so fees are minimum if any. I chose to withdraw the funds and will be receiving a check soon (will review that when I receive my check).
www.ally.com

$0 spent today.

No comments:

Post a Comment