Thursday, January 8, 2015

LBMM Challenge Day 7

Wednesday January 7, 2015

Hump Day Wednesday. Today was another productive day at work. I had therapy at 6pm today which I had already paid for 6 months in advance so this expense will not be included in my financial forecast. The two fixed expenses I have and cannot live without (according to me at this time) are nails and therapy.
I pay $87.50 once a month for my nail appointment (gel acrylic manicure and gel pedicure).
I pay $95 every two weeks for therapy (been going for 3 years strong now).

So, I figured since those are my biggest expenses that I might as well pay them in advance so I have a smaller budget to work with. I did it because I could (used my x-mas bonus) or otherwise I would include that in my LBMM budget. I will eventually explain why I use therapy sessions but my nails are part of my personal care that I cannot get rid of (very important to me). I remember 2 years ago, I hated myself (physically and mentally) and I would spend so much money in the beauty category it was crazy, tons of money blown at Ulta, Sephora, Hair salons, drugstores, etc. My bottom line is when I spent $179 at Walgreen's on beauty products (WTF!) and I could not even remember what I bought. I now just purchase necessities and do not feel I have to overcompensate in the beauty department because I am accepting myself as I am and happy with who I am becoming. Once you get to that stage (hopefully by 25), nothing will matter as much as did before because you are content (at least that is how I feel). 

Be yourself and live within (or below) your means.

$0 Spent today.

No comments:

Post a Comment